This wonderful recipe and photo comes from OurBestBites and does not require a ice-cream maker to make! Although it's a fruit freeze, it has the texture of a sorbet which is perfect since it's summertime! I eat ice-cream year round, but something about the summer makes it that much more appealing :) Here's the recipe:
Creamy Fruit Freeze- Serves 6 small servings
- 4 C berries or roughly diced fruit
- 1 C sugar
- 1 C heavy whipping cream
- Combine fruit and sugar in a food processor and process until smooth. Reserve 1 cup of the puree (store in fridge until ready to use).
- In a mixing bowl, whip heavy whipping cream until soft-medium peaks form. Gently fold into the remaining puree just until combined.
- Place in a freezer safe container and freeze until firm (about 2-4 hours).
- Scoop into bowls and serve with remaining puree and extra berries if desired.