Mar 29, 2011

Decor-Glass Vases

I've been trying to step up my decorating style lately and have noticed huge glass vases in my favorite stores. I went to Tai Pan Trading and purchased two large vases. I had a 20% off coupon so they weren't too expensive, at about $18-30. I would suggest purchasing 2-3 depending on the space in your home to decorate.

Okay, once you've got the vases you'll need a few accessories to decorate it with. I would suggest ribbon or tool to tie around the neck of the vase. The funnest part is filling your vase with items/decorations. Be creative! You can use just about anything around your house or at the store. For Valentines I purchased sequined hearts from Tai Pan and filled them in the vase. For Easter I filled mine with plastic Easter eggs and "grass". Here are examples of how I decorated mine for Valentines Day and Spring.



The great thing about vases are they are elegant and light. You can't go wrong with decorating vases because they are so versatile. You can fill them with real flowers, fake flowers, pebbles and a candle, Easter eggs, candy, and so many other things! Do you have any great ideas to share? Have you already decorated a vase and would like to share? Send it to me and I'll share your decoration on my blog to share with everyone!


{Calissa}

4 comments:

  1. Good idea! I got "free" flower vases with flowers so I was wondering what to do with them. I decided that putting rocks that Eric and I picked at the beach in CA would do...and it does look great!!!!

    By the way, I privatize my blog just now. Could you message me in facebook and email your email address?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a good idea and so sentimental, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your ideas, now I know what to do with my glass vases.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Welcome! Thank you for visitng Calissa's Caboodle!

    ReplyDelete